Saturday, August 30, 2008

HURRICANE GUSTAV HERE I GO AGAIN

HURRICANE GUSTAV

I am so ? Hurricane Katrina took my home 3 years ago. I lost everything but my pets. I am glad I saved them. I have no children so my dogs & cats are my children. Since Katrina I lost 1 of my dogs. I also lost my cat "Ellen". In May I lost my Grandmother. In July I lost Ellen. In August I am going to lose my home again. Why me? Now my home isn't a home its a Fema Cottage. However I will lose my safe place.

I will have to re-buy everything yet again. On August 29th I did celebrate my 11th year of being sober. That has not changed. What has change that I no longer want to live in Bay St Louis MS or anywhere where a hurricane will get me. I want to live in a desert so I will end up in Nevada. I will arrive there with nothing. No job and broke. At 41 this is hard because I know of all the red tape I will have to go through yet again. I am still dealing with red tape from Katrina.

I do not know what to do. I can cry but I won't. I have to move forward but how? I have been putting one foot in front of another for 3 years. It looks like I have another 3-4 years now of doing one foot in front of another! I am tired of this walk! I have worn out lots of shoes. I can't afford any more shoes.

No comments: