Friday, August 01, 2008

MAMA MIA REVIEW STAN HECK


Alright folks I am a huge ABBA fan. I love their music and always have. I saw the play "Mama Mia" with my very good friend Carla Ashby around 2000 or 2001. I loved the play. A few years later Carla and I went and saw it again.



The first time I saw the play I thought Christine Baranski should play Donna's friend Tanya. The funny thing is the woman in the play looked like Christine and sure enough Christine got the part in the movie. I must say she did a great job. And for the record Meryl was fine too I can not say the same thing about Pierce Brosnan he was only okay.



Now I always thought John Travolta and Olivia Newton John should of been cast in this movie. However they weren't. I think John Travolta should of been cast. He can sing much better then Pierce Brosnan.



Now I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was going to be an overblown production but I am glad I was wrong. The movie is well worth seeing. If your an ABBA fan then you must see it.



No comments: