Sunday, May 31, 2009

HALLOWEEN 2 H2 HII IT LOOKS GREAT


Okay I am the biggest fan of John Carpenter's "HALLOWEEN". I loved it when I saw it for the first time on HBO in 1980. In 1991 (when I bought my first laserdisc player) I started writing to IMAGE entertainment to get them to release the movie in the WIDESCREEN format. Well 3 years later they did. The LASERDISC cost me $100 (today I have seen on e-bay for $15) but it was worth every penny because I saw the movie the way it was meant to be seen. The movie even had an audio commentary from John Carpenter, Debra Hill & Jamie Lee Curtis. This same audio commentary was later imported to the 25Th Anniversary DVD.


I was mad as hell when I herd Rob Zombie was doing a re-make. When I saw it I did not like it at all. To me the movie need more work. All of the characters all sounded like white trash. I still stand by that statement.


Now I have just seen a coming attraction for H2. Yes Rob Zombie is doing the sequel but this does look like it will be good. I sure hope it is. The last good Halloween Movie was H20 and that was in 1998.




No comments: