Thursday, June 26, 2008

GET SMART ** out of **** Stars REVIEW BY STAN HECK


I have only watched a few episodes of the TV Show "Get Smart". I went into the movie of "Get Smart" without any preconceived notions. Well I will say after leaving the movie I could only think one think. "MISCASTING". I think the studio only cast Anne Hathaway to get girls to see this movie. Anne just does a good job but not great. She however has no chemistry with her leading man which of course is Steve Carell.



The story is minimal at best. The plot twist you can see coming. The laughs are there but in general the movie is not worth remembering. I just left the movie only a few hours ago and I am having a hard time remembering most of the movie.



I would also like to point out that this movie seems to have allot of things cut out. Also If you pay close attention you can tell some scenes in the movie were changed around.



I am sure Warner Brothers was hoping this would become another Franchise however if they do order up a sequel I would recast Anne Hathaway.

No comments: