Thursday, June 19, 2008

PSYCHO II 25th Anniversary DVD


PSYCHO II 25th Anniversary DVD


In June of 1983 Universal Studios released the sequel "Psycho" called "Psycho II". For over 20 years fans of the originals wanted a sequel. If you didn't Alfred Hitchcock directed the ground breaking original. Now as far as I know Mr Hitch never wanted to do a sequel however it made sense a sequel was made a few years after he died.



Now I am a huge fan of the original. I couldn't wait for the sequel. I bought the book and I was excited about the sequel. When the movie "Psycho II" was released I was happily surprised that the only thing the movie of "Psycho II" had in common with the book was the title.



Now here is my review. "Psycho II" is a very good movie on its own terms. Made and released 23 years after the original the movie is very well made and has an amazing story that I think Alfred Hitchcock would of enjoyed. The funny thing is that it took 23 years to get "Psycho II" to the movie screen. It has now been 25 years since "Psycho II" was released.



Now the story takes place 22 years after the events of the original. It starts off with Norman being released and he return home. Strange events soon take place at his home. He also lands a job a the diner and he befriends a fellow co-worker who soon ends up living with him.



Soon a local boy goesd missing and people start to blame Norman who be doing killing all over again. *** out of four stars



Now its beeen 25 years since the movie was made. I think a SPECIAL DVD Edition should be made. This is what I would include on the release.



*AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH THE SCREEN WRITER

*AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH OZ PERKINS

*INTERVIEW WITH MEG TILY

*INTERVIEW WITH VERA MILES


Also the Entertainment Tonight Interview with Anthony Perkins when he was commenting on the book "Psycho II".



No comments: